Job Title: Merchant Services Specialist
Salary: $40,000-$45,000; salary commensurate with training and experience. Full-time employees of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office (WVSTO) are eligible for Public Employee Insurance Agency benefits and a number of other benefits available to state employees.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent; Not in the Classified Service; FLSA: Non-Exempt
Division: WVSTO Cash Management
Reports To: Director of Merchant Services
Nature of Work:
Under general supervision, this position assists the Director of Merchant Services in managing the STO's on-line payment systems and merchant services contract while performing the day-to-day operations required to operate the E-Gov and WV Go-Pay systems. This position provides excellent customer service for entities utilizing the E-Gov and WV Go-Pay systems as well as customers who make payments through those systems. The Director provides continuing or individual assignments by indicating generally what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines and priorities. Additional, specific instructions are given for new, difficult, or unusual assignments. This position uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments. The Director assures that the work is technically accurate and in compliance with instructions or established procedures.
- Generates and sends the daily investment activity report to the Participant Accounting & the Recon groups.
- Compiles and saves the daily cash receipts report and the daily oasis deposit report to the EGovernment drive for the Recon group.
- Reviews, compiles, and submits information for credit card disputes to Fiserv
- Assists state agencies and local government entities with setting up on-line payment options for their customers.
- Answers Check Hotline and assists callers with questions regarding state checks and credit card payments for the Cash Accounting Group.
- Creates new terminal IDs in the eGovernment system and accounting templates in wvOASIS to detail and document payments to state agencies, entities, boards and schools.
- Adds content to e-Pay pages for state agencies, entities, boards and schools with e-Government agreements.
- Manages daily credit card payments in both E-Gov and WV Go-Pay.
- Reviews, compiles, and provides monthly invoices to state agencies, entities, boards, schools and local governments.
- Reviews, compiles, and provides monthly banking fees invoices to state agencies.
- Serves as point-of-contact for PCI Compliance. Communicates with state agencies, entities, boards and schools as needed.
- Monitors Clover Rapid Comply for PCI compliance of agencies.
- Monitors and updates the mobile text alerts system for E-Gov and WV Go-Pay when either system has a malfunction.
- Accesses CardPointe and SNAP Pay gateways to process reversals, verify transactions and refunds, and provide auth codes to agencies and customers as needed.
- Serves as back-up to Cash Accounting duties including but not limited to the following, as needed: processing stop payments, approving stop payments, court fee remittance, bank reconciliations, CCS transfers, and mail distribution.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Graduation from a standard four-year high school or the equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred; two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in wvOASIS helpful.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and in-house designed systems.
- Ability to learn STO payment processing systems.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to email@example.com by July 11, 2022 .
This job opportunity is not in the classified service and is not covered under the Administrative Rule of the WV Division of Personnel. Therefore, interested persons must apply directly to the hiring agency as indicated above.