Job Title: Support Technician
Salary: $35,000-$40,000; salary commensurate with education and experience. Full-time employees of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office (WVSTO) are eligible for Public Employee Insurance Agency benefits and a number of other benefits available to state employees.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job Type:Full-Time Permanent; Not in the Classified Service; FLSA: Non-Exempt
Division: WVSTO Information Technology
Reports To: IT Operations Manager
Nature of Work:
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for first level software, hardware, and network support. The incumbent must possess the technical knowledge and problem-solving skills to provide and support technical solutions for end users. This includes the ability to deliver and configure hardware, such as workstations, laptops, and printers. Software installation, remote support and the ability to diagnose software and hardware related issues.
- Provides excellent customer service to employees through the Treasurer’s Office Help Desk; receives and resolves employee problems and requests by telephone, electronically or on-site.
- Responsible for first level software, hardware, and network support.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems using established procedures.
- Refers problems to a higher-level technical support professional when necessary.
- Orients new users to the computing environment consistent with the level of expertise and assigned responsibility.
- Delivers, configures, and installs desktops, laptops, handhelds, and peripherals such as printers.
- Installs and configures application and operating system software and upgrades consistent with the level of expertise.
- Resolves typical network connectivity issues.
- Assists Systems Administrators to resolve more difficult issues.
- Assists with system support and administration.
- Contributes and maintains operational documentation.
Training, with related certification, relevant to the position and duties being applied for, or one to two year’s recent experience in a similar position, with similar duties or equivalent combination of education and experience. Approved certifications include, but are not limited to, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+.
Networking skills will be adequate for resolving typical connectivity issues. These skills will include:
- Mastery of people skills, with an emphasis on communication skills (verbal and written).
- Advanced knowledge of current and recent versions of desktop operating systems (Windows and Mac OS). Will know how to map network drives and install and configure network printing.
- Advanced knowledge of current and recent versions of Microsoft.
- Understanding and knowledge of IP networking and sub netting, adequate for troubleshooting issues related to network printing, DNS and DHCP. Should know how to use Ping, Trace Route and NSLOOKUP for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with users at remote locations by telephone while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of Active Directory adequate for unlocking user accounts.
- Experience with Remote Desktop assistance and/or Dameware
- Experience with Help Desk / Trouble ticket software
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19, 2021.
This job opportunity is not in the classified service and is not covered under the Administrative Rule of the WV Division of Personnel. Therefore, interested persons must apply directly to the hiring agency as indicated above.